Terms and Conditions
- “Personal Information” means “Personal Data” as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003; essentially, this means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by or on behalf of HealthBeacon and is maintained in an accessible form. Examples of Personal Information include your name, your postal address, your e-mail address and telephone number.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” means “Sensitive Personal Data” as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003, essentially, this means Personal Information including, but not limited to, your ethnic origin or your physical or mental health or condition.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What types of information are being collected?
The following types of Personal Information about you may be collected:
- Personal Information You Submit: This is Personal Information that you enter into data fields on HealthBeacon Websites or otherwise provide. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, e-mail address, and/or other information in order to receive information about various subjects, register for programmes, contact customer service, or respond to surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide any information that is not specifically requested.
- Personal Information from Other Sources: This is Personal Information about you that is collected from other persons, such as your healthcare provider (e.g. your doctor or nurse), if they also use HealthBeacon Websites in connection with your care.
Is “sensitive” Personal Information collected?
- Certain Personal Information may be collected, such as health-related information, which may be “Sensitive Personal Information” as described above. HealthBeacon will take additional measures as required by local law for the collection, protection and processing of such information.
How will Personal Information that I have provided be used?
Your Personal Information (whether collected from you or from other sources) may be used to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and HealthBeacon and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from HealthBeacon;
- Notify you about changes to those services;
- Ensure that content from HealthBeacon Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Offer you the opportunity to receive notices regarding HealthBeacon’s services, to invite you to participate in surveys about our services, on the condition you have confirmed we may contact you for such purposes; and
- as part of efforts to keep HealthBeacon Websites safe and secure.
HealthBeacon may also de-identify your Personal Information and use de-identified data to help us improve, develop, and evaluate system performance, products, services, materials, programs, and treatment related to your condition or treatment, as well as for health economic outcomes research and market research.
What choices do I have about how my Personal Information is used or collected?
- You may always limit the amount and type of Personal Information that is collected from you by choosing not to enter any Personal Information into forms or data fields on HealthBeacon Websites. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide appropriate Personal Information. Other parts of HealthBeacon Websites may ask whether you wish to opt into or opt out of our contact lists for services that may be of interest to you.
Is my Personal Information shared with third parties?
HealthBeacon may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances.
- Affiliates. HealthBeacon may share your Personal Information with any of our affiliates, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. HealthBeacon may de-identify your Personal Information and use the de-identified data or disclose it to any third parties to help us or them improve, develop, and evaluate system performance, products, services, materials, programs, and also treatments related to your condition or treatment, as well as for health economic outcomes research and market research.
How is my Personal Information kept safe?
- It is HealthBeacon’s practice to secure each web page that collects Personal Information; however, the confidentiality of Personal Information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet, especially Personal Information related to your health. HealthBeacon cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information; therefore, when submitting Personal Information to HealthBeacon Websites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
How may I correct Personal Information or delete it from current records?
- You may request that we remove your Personal Information from our current customer records or that we amend your Personal Information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below. For our record keeping or other legitimate business purposes, we may retain certain Personal Information about you. We may also be required by law to maintain certain records which may contain Personal Information.
How will I know whether HealthBeacon has updated this policy?
- HealthBeacon will take reasonable care to ensure that the information and content on the HealthBeacon Website is accurate, complete, up to date, available and does not infringe any third party rights. However, we do not guarantee that this is always the case. The HealthBeacon Website and the content and information on it are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, HealthBeacon hereby disclaims all representations and warranties relating to the information and content on the HealthBeacon Website, whether express or implied, created by law, contract or otherwise, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions about satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of third party rights.
- The information and content on the HealthBeacon Website does not constitute, and is not intended to be, medical or financial advice. You should seek independent advice before you make any decisions relating to your medical condition or finances. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, HealthBeacon hereby disclaims all liability for any loss or damage which may be suffered by any person, whether suffered directly, indirectly, immediately or consequentially, and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, which arises out of, or in connection with, use of the HealthBeacon Website or any decisions which you make in consultation with an independent advisor or practitioner, except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from HealthBeacon’s negligence.
- HealthBeacon is not responsible, and provides no warranty whatsoever, for the accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and suitability of any information or content obtained from third parties, including any hyperlinks to or from third-party websites.
- not to disrupt, amend or intercept information posted on the HealthBeacon Website or on any of HealthBeacon’s servers;
- to provide only information that is accurate, complete and not misleading;
- to abide by all applicable, national and international laws, rules and regulations;
- not to attempt to circumvent any security features of the HealthBeacon Website;