|01||05- Jul - 2022||Marion Briggs||Introduction of formalised environmental policy within HealthBeacon|
HealthBeacon, Plc is committed to reducing its impact on its surrounding environment both at its Headquarters on the Naas Rd and at all current and future distribution and production locations in Ireland. The Environmental Management System conforms to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015. The guiding principles of this policy are:
- Ensure continued compliance with all Irish and EU legislative environmental requirements, the requirements of ISO14001: 2015, the environmental requirements of clients and local authorities and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Continually assess company activities and improve environmental performance with the specific goal of preventing pollution and minimising and reducing the environmental impact of these activities thereby protecting the environment.
- Ensure that the Environmental Policy objectives and targets are continually achieved through an implementation programme and have equality with other business interests.
- Ensure that its employees have the training, knowledge, resources, top management support and authority to implement these guiding principles.
- Communicate the Environmental Policy to employees, suppliers, clients, visitors and interested parties.
- Ensure continued compliance with all Irish and EU environmental and waste related compliance obligations.
- Consider environmental issues and matters when making business decisions and developing business plans and strategy.
- Commitment to managing wastes properly, reducing waste, preventing waste disposal to landfill and promoting waste recycling/recovery where possible.
- Commitment to promoting resource efficiency and reducing resource usage within its organization.
- Ensure the company does all it reasonably can do to manage and prevent life-cycle environmental impacts associated with its products alongside suppliers, customers and third parties
- Encourage environmental performance improvements among suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that Environmental Objectives and Targets are continually achieved through the implementation of an Environmental Management Programme.
- Ensure that the Environmental Sustainability Strategy and Environmental Objectives and Targets have equality with other business interests.
- Achieve and maintain ISO14001: 2015 accreditation
- Continually assess company activities and improve environmental performance with the specific goals of preventing pollution, minimising and reducing the environmental impacts associated with company activities and improving the company’s environmental and sustainability performance.
Commitment to this policy involves every aspect of the company’s business and employees and resources shall be made available to implement it.
This environmental policy shall be publicised to all employees, external contractors and interested parties.